vendredi 14 juin 2013

Miley Cyrus Talks "We Can't Stop" In Billboard

Posted Friday June 14, 2013 3:43 PM GMT
Fresh off the release of her new single "We Can't Stop," Miley Cyrus rocked the cover of Billboard magazine's latest issue.
While striking a few gorgeous poses for the Vijat Mohindra-shot spread, the "Party in the USA" hitmaker opened up about revamping her music and reveals what inspired her new album.
Check out GossipCenter's recap of Miss Cyrus' interview below. For more, be sure to visit Billboard!
On her new music approach:
"Right now, when people go to iTunes and listen to my old music, it's so irritating to me because I can't just erase that stuff and start over. My last record [2009's EDM-inflected Can't Be Tamed] I feel so disconnected from - I was 16 ot 17 when I made it. When you're in your 20s, you just don't really know that person anymore."
On "We Can't Stop":
"I didn't make this song for the critics, but for the people living it. I'm 20 years old and I want to talk to people that are up all night with their friends. It's based on a true story of a crazy night I had: When I heard the song for the first time, it captured exactly what I was living."
On the music genre of her new album:
"I've always wanted country-rock influences, but now I'm moving over to a more urban side. It's not a hip-hop album, though- it's a pop album I'm not coming in trying to rap. It's more like, 'I don't see any girls out there doing what Miguel and Frank Ocean are doing. We've been calling it 'count-step,' because it's like country, dubstep and a little trap. I love the Lumineers, but I also love French Montana, Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, and Dolly Parton. If you could put Dolly, some Adele and Juicy J together, you'd have a weird balance."
On people wanting a different Miley change:
"A lot of people wanted to try to make me the white Nicki Minaj. That's not what I'm trying to do. I love 'hood' music, but my talent is as a singer."
Photo Credit: Vijat Mohindra for Billboard

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!