jeudi 27 juin 2013

Will.i.am Sues Pharrell Over "I Am Other" Brand

Posted Wednesday June 26, 2013 10:00 PM GMT
Hoping to protect his identity in the entertainment industry, Will.i.am is suing Pharrell over his use of the phrase, "I am."
According to legal documents obtained by Rolling Stones, the Black Eyed Peas member claims that he owns the copyright to the words "i am," and doesn't want them used in a way that could cause mixed signals to fans or anyone else.
The "Fall Down" rapper explains that Pharrell's creative brand logo of "i am Other" is "confusingly similar" to that of his own name and logo, and is afraid that "the registration of the mark... is likely to dilute the I AM mark and the WILL.I.AM mark."
In a statement following news of the lawsuit, Williams explained he was "disappointed that Will, a fellow artist, would file a case against me," adding, "I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will's trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as meritless and ridiculous as I do."
Photo Credit: Getty Images




celebrities news, celebrities, news, celebrities Scandal, Scandal
Celebrity Scandal

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!